There are a lot of things I could tell you about myself, so I’ll keep it short:
1. I’m a teacher! I teach high school Language and Literature and am incredibly passionate about equitable student learning. Every student deserves a phenomenal education that offers them representation, deeper appreciation for other cultures and backgrounds, learning within their favorite styles of engaging information and creating, and an excitement for growing and becoming a better person.
2. I’m a writer! I love to write, and I love m-dashes, and I love commas. Creative nonfiction writing is my absolute favorite style to use in any capacity, and if you’ve looked around at the rest of my website, you’ve probably figured that out.
3. I’m a fashion fanatic! Presentation matters to me because the way we present ourselves is a manner of creative expression like none other, and that is pretty neat. The way we dress, talk about how we dress, and use fashion to engage community greatly impacts our lives.
4. I’m living internationally! As of July 2021, I am living in South Korea! Life is absolutely wild, and I think we should all take opportunities to step out and make changes where we may–for me, that meant moving a long way from home and changing a lot of things about my life. And that’s pretty cool.
5. I really love Jesus! I don’t have much else to say about that except I’m grateful.
And a quick quote from one of my faves that pretty much sums up everything:
“A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.”
– Kurt Vonnegut –